Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/12: (AAPL) (LOW) HOG) High; (HEK) (PPHM) (ANTH) Low
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) high of $551.86. Apple is ticking to new highs Monday following reports its new iPad has sold out shortly after launch. The order volume is also pushing many shipment dates back by as much as three weeks in some countries. Shares moved 1.2 percent to the new mark.
- Lowe's Co.'s (NYSE: LOW) high of $30.07. Lowe's got an upgrade at Nomura from Neutral to Buy. For more color, click here.
- Harley-Davidson (NYSE: HOG) high of $48.39. Harley-Davidson popped higher on the session due in part from positive comments from Citi. The firm sees a notable increase in first-quarter sale, up about 16 percent to 18 percent, citing checks with dealers. Shares moved 3.8 percent on the session.
- Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: OREX) high of $4.48. Orexigen moved 21 percent Monday as BofA upgraded shares to Buy witha $7 target.
- Heckmann (NYSE: HEK) low of $4.36. Earlier in the session, Wedbush cut Heckmann to Underperform with its target lowered 20 percent to $4 per share. For more on the call, click here.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ANTH) low of $3.08. After the market closed last Friday, Anthera announced that the VISTA-16 Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has recommended stopping the VISTA-16 clinical study due to a lack efficacy that could not be reasonably overcome in the remainder of the trial. The DSMB's recommendation was based on a review of the totality of the safety and efficacy data available for the VISTA-16 clinical study. Shares were downgraded by Cowen and Citi Monday.
Shares fell as much as 52 percent on the news.
- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PPHM) low of $0.63. Peregrine filed a $150 million common stock and warrants shelf Monday. Shares moved 7.4 percent on the session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/8: (JNPR) (HES) (COR) Upgraded; (FIT) (AZZ) (ARCX) Downgraded
- Reata Pharma (RETA) Files Common Stock Shelf
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/6: (P) (STLD) (NFLX) Upgraded; (NKE) (CBB) (ISBC) Downgraded