Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/01: (M) (GPS) (LVS) (LIZ) High; (HUSA) (EA) (DGI) Low
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Macy's Inc. (NYSE: M) high of $38.50. Macy's moving 1.4 percent higher following strong February sales numbers. Data shows Macy's sales rose 5.5 percent to $1.86 billion. Comps advanced 4.6 percent in the month.
- The Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) high of $26.00. The Gap also movied higher following strong February sales numbers, though at a much more accelerated pace than Macy's. Gap comps moved 4 percent higher, compared to a 3 percent decline in the same period last year and also reversing a drop of 4 percent in January. For more color, click here. Shares moved 11.3 percent to the new mark.
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS) high of $56.97. Sands is gaining some traction Thursday following strong gaming revenue numbers out of Macau for February. According to the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau of Macau, revs in February moved 22.3 percent higher from 19.863 billion in the same period last year to 24.286 billion patacas. The number is slowdown from 47.7 percent gained last year, but 2010 and 2011 were exceptional years in Macau.
- Liz Claiborne, Inc. (NYSE: LIZ) high of $11.25. Liz Claiborne making a strong rebound from a drop of 5.9 percent Wednesday as retail sales came in strong overall. Additionally, research firm Wedbush initiated coverage on the retailer at Outperform with a $12 price target, saying it sees a turnaround unfolding. For more from Wedbush, click here.
Liz moved 15 percent to the new mark Thursday.
- Houston American Energy (AMEX: HUSA) low of $6.66. Houston American getting following disclosure that the Tamandua #1 sidetrack well and its progress. From an SEC filing, Houston American said, "While the well exhibited oil shows while drilling, and other indications of hydrocarbons such as log analysis that indicate possible productive sands, hole conditions have prohibited sufficient testing on the bottom hole sections." Shares are down about 37 percent n the session currently.
- Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) low of $16.05. Electronic Arts has been on a downtrend since its earnings report in early February, though it appears to be bouncing near the $16 level. Many have been evaluating EAs potential in the social network gaming segment as Zynga (Nasdaq: ZNGA) continues to make big strides in the sector. Currently, Electronic Arts is off of lows, now up 0.7 percent Thursday.
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. (NYSE: DGI) low of $13.17. DigitalGlobe moving on earnings issued late Wednesday. For its fourth-quarter, DigitalGlobe reported EPS of 10 cents on revs of $97.7 million, compared with consensus views calling for EPS of 12 cents and revs of $93 million. Shares dropped as much as 14 percent on the session.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twilio (TWLO) Files for $100M IPO
- Alibaba (BABA) Bounces After Addressing SEC Accounting Probe
- New York REIT (NYRT) Enters Merger Agreement with JBG Companies; Will Form ~$8.4B EV REIT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!