Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 02/26: (CWH) (RDN) (SLCA) High; (EEQ) (APOL) (GTI) Low
- Top 10 News for 4/13 - 4/17: China Regulation, Greek Debt Rattle Markets; Netflix Rockets on Results; M&A News, Rumors Abound
- U.S. Antitrust Lawyers May Move to Block Comcast (CMCSA), Time Warner Cable (TWC) Deal
- Teva (TEVA) Said Considering Bid for Mylan (MYL)
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Stock Futures Deep in the Red
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH) $24.08. Popped higher on news that Related Cos. and Corvex Management took a 9.8 percent stake in the company and may see to bid $25 per share in a takeover. In an SEC filing earlier, the two firms said CommonWealth might be worth $40 per share, but better management might put shares at about $50 each.
- Radian Group (NYSE: RDN) high of $8.61. Radian moving to a new high following an announcement Monday night that it would commenced two separate underwritten public offerings of up to 30 million shares of its common stock and $200 million aggregate principal amount of its convertible senior notes due 2019. For more color on the equity offerings, click here.
- U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SLCA) high of $23.56. U.S. Silica reported a 9-cent-per-share earnings beat with its Q4 results, issued earlier. Q1 revs guidance of $115 million to $123 million also outpaced consensus views calling for rvs of $114.8 million.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBRL) high of $75.45. Cracker Barrel topped Q2 EPS views by 18 cents, though FY13 expectations came in flattish. For more color, click here.
- Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C. (NYSE: EEQ) low of $26.73. Priced a 9 million Listed Share offering for gross proceeds of $245.6 million.
- Apollo Group Inc. (Nasdaq: APOL) low of $16.80. On Monday night, Apollo Group disclosed that a HLC peer review team determined that the University is not in compliance with Criterion One of the Criteria for Accreditation, Core Component 1d, and certain of the related Minimum Expectations, all of which relate to the University’s administrative structure and governance.
- GrafTech International Ltd. (NYSE: GTI) low of $7.55. GrafTech lower amid topping Q4 EPS views. The company said, "In light of current economic conditions, we are further reducing overhead expense by means of additional rightsizing initiatives, hiring restrictions, suspension of 2013 salary merit increases and reductions in travel and other discretionary expenses."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ZBB Energy (ZBB), Solar Power Announce Strategic Partnership
- Nokia (NOK) to Acquire Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) in EUR 15.6B Deal
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 4//15: (NOK)/(ALU) (DK)/(ALJ) (OTIV)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesEarnings, Corvex Management
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!