Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 02/01: (SIRI) (MS) (MTW) High; (CLSN) (ECTE) (LTM) Low
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Sirius XM (Nasdaq: SIRI) $3.3. Sirius could be getting a few bids into Super Bowl weekend. The broadcaster will have all sorts of coverage on the event, potentially drawing a larger crowd than normal. Technically, SIrius is also moving above the $3.20 level, which has been a bit of resistance for the stock over the last few sessions.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) high of $23.74. Morgan Stanley and other financials gaining as economic data today has been strong. UofM consumer sentiment came in above the consensus while about 157,000 nonfarm payrolls were added in January. The ISM index at 53.1 also beat expectations calling for a 50.5 reading and construction spending improved more than expected.
- Manitowoc Co. (NYSE: MTW) high of $19.35. Manitowoc reported Q4 EPS of 27 cents and revs of $1.1 billion, topping views calling for EPS of 24 cents and revs of $1.09 billion.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) high of $75.79. Jefferies bumped its price target on Thermo Fisher up from $66 to $80 today following fourth-quarter results on Thursday. For more color on the call, click here.
- Celsion Corp. (Nasdaq: CLSN) low of $1.24. entered into a Controlled Equity Offering Sales Agreement with Cantor Fitzgerald & Co., as sales agent, pursuant to which Celsion may offer and sell, from time to time, through Cantor shares of common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of Celsion having an aggregate offering price of up to $25.0 million.
The news comes after Celsion was slammed Thursday after reporting that ThermoDox in combination with radiofrequency ablation (RFA) did not meet the primary endpoint of the Phase III HEAT Study in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) missed its primary endpoint.
- Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE) low of $0.76. Echo priced a 13,333,333 common stock offering at 75 cents per share.
- Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM) low of $39.65. Life Time said it expected fourth-quarter results to come in below the consensus and cut its outlook for fiscal 2012. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/5: (CNSL)/(FRP) (CX) (FDML)
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML) SL-401 Data at ASH Shows Consistent Efficacy in BPDCN - Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on ConAgra Brands (CAG) Following LW Spinoff