Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 01/12: (STX) (TSCO) (CVS) High; (SYUT) (CHK) (SWN) Low
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
- U.S. GDP Rose 3.6% in Q3
- Facebook (FB) Can't Get Any S&P 500 Love... The Reason Explained
- Despite Denials, Sherlund Convinced Ford's (F) Mulally Will Go to Microsoft (MSFT)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/05: (CALI) (PBYI) (MEI) Higher; (SOL) (WTSL) (NWY) lower
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Seagate Technology PLC (Nasdaq: STX) high of $19.49. Seagate might be getting a boost from the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. Shares are up 4.3 percent Thursday.
- Tractor Supply Company (Nasdaq: TSCO) high of $80.11. After the market closed Wednesday, Tractor Supply reported a 7.6 percent gain in comps for the fourth-quarter, and raised its fiscal 2011 earnings outlook. Shares moved about 10 percent to the new mark.
- CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS) high of 42.40. CVS caught a little upside following a release that the Federal Trade Commission dropped an investigation into CVS business practices. For more color, click here.
- Synutra International Inc. (Nasdaq: SYUT) low of $3.90. Synutra is lower today following comments from CEO Liang Zhang that "We have chosen to not recall any of our products because we are confident that they are safe. We are also not aware of any decisions to remove our products from store shelves, except in the store from which the ill infants' formula originated." Comments come following two infant deaths recently.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) low of $21.87. Chesapeake lower as nat gas continues to show weakness on inventory data. Despite a larger than expected drop in stores last week, stockpiles are still markedly above one- and five-year benchmarks.
- Southwestern Energy Co. (NYSE: SWN) low of $28.81. Southwestern showed enough weakness early on to hit a new low, but has since rebounded and is in positive territory. Shares moved following a downgrade at Barid Wednesday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bass' Hayman Capital Said to Take GM (GM) Stake
- Trading Radar for 12/06: Big Lots (BIG), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO), Ferrellgas Partners (FGP) Report
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/04: (PLUG) (GM) (LVS) High; (TC) (TRQ) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, CES, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!