Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 01/09: (IDIX) (AAPL) (ACHN) High; (PWRD) (THRX) (IPCM) Low
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
This report is an intraday check of some of the more notable stocks that have hit a 52-week high or low so far today.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: IDIX) high of $10.39. Idenix up about 47 percent to its new 52-week high Monday, following the announced acquisition of Inhibitex (Nasdaq: INHX) by Bristol-Myers Squibb over the weekend, as well as the Phase I initiation of NSSA inhibitor IDX719.
- Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) high of $427.75. Moving to a new all-time high, as Goldman Sachs boosted first-quarter estimates for Apple and its iPhone ahead of results. For more on that call, click here. The stock moved up as much as 1.3 percent to the new mark.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ACHN) high of $9.78. Achillion is also up on Inhibitex news, as well as an announcement that it plans to explore ACH-1625 in combination with other oral antiviral agents for the treatment of all HCV genotypes further and it continues to evaluate ACH-2684 in a Phase 1 clinical trial. Shares up nearly 24 percent on the session.
- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) high of $11.90. VIVUS was asked by the U.S. FDA to "to remove the Qnexa contraindication for women of childbearing potential contained in the proposed label," meaning that potentially more women could access the product. The warning would remain for those women who are already pregnant.
- Perfect World (Nasdaq: PWRD) low of $8.44. Saw some early weakness following reports of a U.S. government investigation into the company. Perfect World since refuted claims made against Chairman and CEO Yufeng Chi.
- Theravance, Inc. (Nasdaq: THRX) low of $12.91. Late Friday, Astellas Pharma and Theravance announced that Astellas has exercised its right to terminate the global License, Development and Commercialization Agreement for VIBATIV? (telavancin) for injection, a bactericidal, once-daily lipoglycopeptide antibiotic discovered by Theravance. Theravance said it is evaluating global commercialization alternatives for VIBATIV either alone or with partners.
- IPC The Hospitalist Company, Inc. (Nasdaq: IPCM) low of $30.62. IPC cuts fiscal 2011 revs outlook from $463 - $465 million to $455 - $458 million and EPS from $1.78 - $1.86 to $1.70 - $1.74. The Street sees revs of $464.13 million and EPS of $1.77.
Fourth-quarter numbers are revs of $115 - $118 million and EPS of 47 cents to 51 cents per share. The Street sees revs of $124.4 million and EPS of 54 cents.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 11/28: (NADL) (SDRL) CGG) Upgraded; (CTRP) (PWRD) (DOW) Downgraded
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 11/28: Airlines, Cruise Operators Rally (UAL, DAL, RCL); Oil Stocks Plunge (OXY, CVX, XOM)
- BMW Not in Negotiations for Cooperation with Tesla (TSLA) - Reports
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesBristol-Myers Squibb/Inhibitex
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!