- Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) $75.19. Wal-mart reported Q2 EPS of $1.07, which was $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $1.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $120.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $120.16 billion. Wal-mart said it now sees FY2017 EPS of $4.15-$4.35, versus prior guidance of $4.00-$4.30 and the consensus of $4.27.
Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 8/18: (WMT) (BLDP) (CLR) High; (GEO) (EARS) (VRS) Low
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
- GEO Group (NYSE: GEO) $16.26. GEO Group hit following news that the U.S. Dept. of Justic plans to phase-out use of private prisons.
- Auris Medical Holding AG (Nasdaq: EARS) $1.95. Auris Medical announced top-line results from the Phase 3 TACTT2 trial with Keyzilen (AM-101) in acute inner ear tinnitus. The TACTT2 trial did not meet the two co-primary efficacy endpoints of statistically significant changes in tinnitus loudness and tinnitus burden compared to placebo. Data from the TACTT2 trial support the positive safety profile established in previous studies, and results from the second Phase 3 trial, TACTT3, are expected in the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Verso Corporation (NYSE: VRS) $5.99. Verso continuing lower from Tuesday after reporting Q2 results. The company said that net sales for the second quarter of 2016 were 19% lower than the second quarter of 2015. Net loss was $33 million, versus $60 million posted in Q215.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/20: (SWKS) (EMES) (CF) Higher; (PSTI) (AFMD) (BMY) Lower (more...)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
- Options expected to have Increasing volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!