- ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTRV) $2.65. ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTRV) announced that following a positive recommendation from an independent Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB), the company has begun enrolling the next dosing group in its head-to-head Phase 2a dose-escalation study comparing the safety and efficacy of ContraVir's CMX157 to tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF, marketed by Gilead Sciences as Viread) in patients with chronic hepatitis B (HBV). ContraVir expects to complete the remaining two escalation cohorts and report top-line results by year-end 2016.
Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 10/17: (CTRV) (IGT) (TCK) High; (TEVA) (OPB) (ANF) Low
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA) $41.76. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries provided an update on fasinumab, triggered by a recent development in a Phase 2b fasinumab study in patients with chronic low back pain. Fasinumab is an investigational Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) antibody in clinical development for osteoarthritis pain and chronic low back pain.
- Opus Bank (Nasdaq: OPB) $27.62. Opus Bank announced that earnings for the third quarter 2016, which will be announced on October 24, 2016 before the market opens, will include a $0.59 per diluted share impact from loan charge-offs and is expected to result in a net loss of approximately $0.05 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2016.
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) $15.50. Abercrombie & Fitch shares spiking a bit early on in the session, but tapering off to reach a new 52-week low today. News comes after the company debuted a new brand redesign last week. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/2: (VASC)/(TFX) (TWTR) (III) (BSX)/(NVCN)
- Dougherty & Co Starts CardioNet (BEAT) at Buy