TheStreetSweeper Cautious on Resolute Energy (REN)
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TheStreetSweeper issues a negative report on Resolute Energy (NYSE: REN):
*2Q report touts average daily oil production improved to 11,865 barrels. What wasn't announced is the average is below the previous two years daily average.
*Junk-rated REN gets downgraded by Standard & Poors in February, adding further pressure to the debt-riddled company.
*Company conducts a June reverse stock split ... always an ominous action.
*Soon after the reverse split, former REN underwriters line up to rate the stock, as if looking for a chance to manage the next offering. Wunderlich boosts its July price target twice in the last two weeks.
*REN is selling assets, enduring dropping cash reserves, mounting liabilities and anticipating up to $70 million in lease expenses this year.
*The stock rose under a recent crude oil rally.
*Oil prices dropped on Wednesday, Aug. 24, the same day REN filed notice that the only CEO the company has ever had is retiring.
*REN shares appear positioned for a ~70% price drop.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Express Scripts (ESRX) Sees Mid-Day Selling
- Option volume flows
- Alphabet (GOOGL) volatility elevated at 108 as shares rally on Q3 video ads