TheStreetSweeper Cautious on Rentech (RTK)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TheStreetSweeper issued a cautious report Rentech (NASDAQ: RTK):
*A one-time tax gain creates an illusion of profitability.
*Revenue drops 20% this quarter; EPS falls 486%.
*Negative and extremely low margins doom profitability.
*Key plant reaches only 40% of capacity three years after acquisition.
*The natural gas industry presents indomitable competition.
*Nearly $19 million in contract penalties and plant modification costs pressure cash coffers.
*Interest in low-performing nitrogen sector further weighs on Rentech.
*The company loses $153 million in 2015, executives make millions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KKR & Co. (KKR) said to be investor in Netscout Systems (NTCT)
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- Alphabet (GOOGL) October weekly 817.50 straddle priced for movement of 4.8% into Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesShort Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTheStreetSweeper, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!