TheStreetSweeper Cautious on Rentech (RTK)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TheStreetSweeper issued a cautious report Rentech (NASDAQ: RTK):
*A one-time tax gain creates an illusion of profitability.
*Revenue drops 20% this quarter; EPS falls 486%.
*Negative and extremely low margins doom profitability.
*Key plant reaches only 40% of capacity three years after acquisition.
*The natural gas industry presents indomitable competition.
*Nearly $19 million in contract penalties and plant modification costs pressure cash coffers.
*Interest in low-performing nitrogen sector further weighs on Rentech.
*The company loses $153 million in 2015, executives make millions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Lululemon Athletica (LULU) December weekly volatility increases to 85 into Q3 and outlook
- Whirlpool (WHR) January calls active as shares rally 2%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesShort Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTheStreetSweeper, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!