Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Shorts Squeezed After Eteplirsen Receives FDA Approval
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRPT) shorts were pressured after the FDA approved its DMD drug eteplirsen. The news sent shares up over 90% intraday and caught many shorts sellers off guard. According to Nasdaq data from August 31st, short interest was 14.8 million shares, or 33% of the float. Days to cover was 8.3 on average volume of 1.8 million shares.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Short-Seller Hits Back Against Banc of California (BANC); Threatens to Release 'Thousands' of Pages of Documents
- Credit Suisse Starts Sarepta Therapeutic (SRPT) at Outperform
- Reynolds American (RAI) option volatility flat into BAT offers to buy out for $56.50 per share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesShort Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!