Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Shorts Squeezed After Eteplirsen Receives FDA Approval
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SRPT) shorts were pressured after the FDA approved its DMD drug eteplirsen. The news sent shares up over 90% intraday and caught many shorts sellers off guard. According to Nasdaq data from August 31st, short interest was 14.8 million shares, or 33% of the float. Days to cover was 8.3 on average volume of 1.8 million shares.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- MannKind (MNKD) Gains Again on Volume
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesShort Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!