UPDATE: Cynk Technology (CYNK) Lunacy Should Be Ended by Regulators
- Top 10 News for 7/28 - 8/1: FOMC Tapers Further, Rates Still Intact; Jobs Growth Elusive in July; Argentina Defaults. Again.
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Mobileye (MBLY) IPO Opens at $36
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
(Updated - July 10, 2014 2:56 PM EDT)
(Updated - July 10, 2014 12:05 PM EDT)
Traders have bubble talk on their mind as they watch the action in Cynk Technology Corp. (OTC: CYNK) - a penny stock with a market cap of nearly $6 billion. Shares are up 34.6% mid-day to $19.80 as traders watch the 'greater fool' game play out.
Unfortunately for traders it is nearly impossible to get a borrow on the stock to short it. Anyone buying the stock for more than a few minutes is a fool as a trading halt could be imminent.
StreetInsider.com has placed a call with FINRA about the stock. FINRA's media relations was unfamiliar with the situation but is now looking into the matter.
UPDATE: The SEC would not confirm or deny to StreetInsider.com that they are looking at CYNK.
UPDATE 2: While the SEC and FINRA would not confirm, sources inform StreetInsider.com that regulators are actively looking at CYNK. A trading halt could be imminent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) Stock Quietly Gains Steam on Ebola Outbreak
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) trading halted with news pending
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Chairman Goolsbee Resigns; Interim Appointee Named
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!