UPDATE: Cynk Technology (CYNK) Lunacy Should Be Ended by Regulators
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- Market Wrap: eBay to Unload PayPal; Ebola Confirmed in U.S.; Microsoft Reveals Next Key Product
- Angie's List (ANGI) Hires Bankers to Explore Possible Sale - FT
- Freddie Mac (FMCC), Fannie Mae (FNMA) investors suit against U.S. thrown out - Bloomberg
- eBay (EBAY) to Spin PayPal into Separate, Publicly-Traded Company
(Updated - July 10, 2014 2:56 PM EDT)
(Updated - July 10, 2014 12:05 PM EDT)
Traders have bubble talk on their mind as they watch the action in Cynk Technology Corp. (OTC: CYNK) - a penny stock with a market cap of nearly $6 billion. Shares are up 34.6% mid-day to $19.80 as traders watch the 'greater fool' game play out.
Unfortunately for traders it is nearly impossible to get a borrow on the stock to short it. Anyone buying the stock for more than a few minutes is a fool as a trading halt could be imminent.
StreetInsider.com has placed a call with FINRA about the stock. FINRA's media relations was unfamiliar with the situation but is now looking into the matter.
UPDATE: The SEC would not confirm or deny to StreetInsider.com that they are looking at CYNK.
UPDATE 2: While the SEC and FINRA would not confirm, sources inform StreetInsider.com that regulators are actively looking at CYNK. A trading halt could be imminent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- GoPro (GPRO) Rated Sell at Citron Research
- UPDATE: McDonald's (MCD) Surges Higher with Volume; Market Speculates Activist Investor
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) Ramps as CDC Confirms First U.S. Ebola Case