UPDATE: Cynk Technology (CYNK) Lunacy Should Be Ended by Regulators
- Siemens to Acquire Dresser-Rand Group (DRC) in $7.6 Billion Deal
- EMC (EMC) Considers Merger With Rival - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 9/15 - 9/19: Markets Welcome Alibaba IPO; New iPhone Sets Records; Fed Remains Accommodative
- Alibaba (BABA) IPO Lights Up Wall Street
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
(Updated - July 10, 2014 2:56 PM EDT)
(Updated - July 10, 2014 12:05 PM EDT)
Traders have bubble talk on their mind as they watch the action in Cynk Technology Corp. (OTC: CYNK) - a penny stock with a market cap of nearly $6 billion. Shares are up 34.6% mid-day to $19.80 as traders watch the 'greater fool' game play out.
Unfortunately for traders it is nearly impossible to get a borrow on the stock to short it. Anyone buying the stock for more than a few minutes is a fool as a trading halt could be imminent.
StreetInsider.com has placed a call with FINRA about the stock. FINRA's media relations was unfamiliar with the situation but is now looking into the matter.
UPDATE: The SEC would not confirm or deny to StreetInsider.com that they are looking at CYNK.
UPDATE 2: While the SEC and FINRA would not confirm, sources inform StreetInsider.com that regulators are actively looking at CYNK. A trading halt could be imminent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Remains 'Guarded' on Tesla (TSLA) Despite Progress; Analyst Says Company May Need Additional Capital
- Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS) Hits Session High; Nov. Calls Active
- 21Vianet Group (VNET) Issues Second Response to Short Sellers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!