UPDATE: Cynk Technology (CYNK) Lunacy Should Be Ended by Regulators
- Market Wrap: Mobile Bolsters Facebook in Q2; FAA Halts Israel Flights for Second Day; Earnings Aplenty
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 10c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/23: (FTNT) (ARIA) (FB) Higher; (ANGI) (TRIP) (CRUS) Lower (more...)
- Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c, Raises FY Guidance
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Tops Q2 EPS by 63c; Boosts FY14 Revenue Outlook
(Updated - July 10, 2014 2:56 PM EDT)
(Updated - July 10, 2014 12:05 PM EDT)
Traders have bubble talk on their mind as they watch the action in Cynk Technology Corp. (OTC: CYNK) - a penny stock with a market cap of nearly $6 billion. Shares are up 34.6% mid-day to $19.80 as traders watch the 'greater fool' game play out.
Unfortunately for traders it is nearly impossible to get a borrow on the stock to short it. Anyone buying the stock for more than a few minutes is a fool as a trading halt could be imminent.
StreetInsider.com has placed a call with FINRA about the stock. FINRA's media relations was unfamiliar with the situation but is now looking into the matter.
UPDATE: The SEC would not confirm or deny to StreetInsider.com that they are looking at CYNK.
UPDATE 2: While the SEC and FINRA would not confirm, sources inform StreetInsider.com that regulators are actively looking at CYNK. A trading halt could be imminent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank's (DB) U.S. Ops Suffer from Various Reporting Issues - WSJ
- Herbalife (HLF) Did Not Repurchase Stock Yesterday - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Yahoo! (YHOO) Active on Rumors; Alibaba (BABA) May Buy it Post-IPO, or Softbank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesInsiders' Blog, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!