UPDATE: Apple (AAPL) Said to Develop Car Operating System in Canada; BlackBerry (BBRY) Said to Lose Engineers to Project - Bloomberg
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 25, 2016 2:24 PM EDT)
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) has dozens of software engineers in Canada building a car operating system, according to Bloomberg sources. Two dozen came from BlackBerry's (Nasdaq: BBRY) ONX. The car operating system is the software core of a future Apple car platform. Autonomous software is one of many potential features.
Some Project Titan teams at Apple have developed simulators that use virtual reality to test the self-driving software without taking the system onto public roads.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Set to be Charged for Using Monopoly to Jack Up Price - NYP
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- YY, Inc. (YY) Sees Gains on Investment Talk
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!