Twitter (TWTR) Said Planning to Cut 'Hundreds' of Jobs
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Sources said the announcement could happen before Twitter posts Q3 results on Thursday.
Discussions of how many jobs might be cut are still liquid and the number is subject to change.
Stagnant growth and fading options for an acquisition have made it tough for Twitter to compensate its employees with stock, which is down 40 percent over the last year.
Shares of Twitter are lower in early trading Tuesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains Into the Close, Test $20 Level
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/6: (TWTR) (LNKD) (NSC) (CCE)
- MGM Resorts (MGM) options active on Chinese government to slash Macau ATM withdrawal limit reports
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!