Speculation Point to Tesla (TSLA) Announcing Autopilot Hardware Update This Month
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
One source indicated to the
October 17th Tesla announcement confirmed by source is indeed autopilot related. New hardware started going into cars last week. #Tesla— Model3OwnersClub (@Model3Owners) October 9, 2016
News comes following the fallout between Tesla and Mobileye (Nasdaq: MBLY) earlier this year.
Of course, this is just one speculation and Tesla might have something else up its sleeve entirely. Other ideas include a more-efficient inverter, charging system for condos/apartment complexes, and the infamous "snake charger."
Shares of Tesla are up in early trading Monday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 Plans Doesn't Require Capital Raise; SolarCity (SCTY) Could be a Cash Contributor - Musk
- Tesla up on surprise profit, reassurance on capital plans
- Option volume flows
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!