Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Market Wrap: Avago, Broadcom Make it Official; Pending Home Sales Ramp in April; JPMorgan Plans Major Job Cuts
- GameStop (GME) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Bumps Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/28: (HRTX) (STML) (GME) (BLOX) Higher; (DECK) (CLLS) Lower (more...)
- Splunk (SPLK) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Guides Q2 Revenue Ahead of Views
- JPMorgan (JPM) Plans to Layoff More than 5,000 by Next Year - WSJ
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Avago Tech (AVGO) to Acquire Broadcom (BRCM) in ~$37B Deal
- Xilinx (XLNX), Others on Watch Amid Broadcom, Avago Rumors (MRVL) (MXIM)
- Summit Research Highlights Four Stocks as Attractive Targets Amid Avago (AVGO)/Broadcom (BRCM) Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!