Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Top 10 News for 7/25 - 7/29: Earnings and Mergers and ... Chioptle Making Burgers?
- Tech shares and muted GDP growth push S&P 500 to record
- No clean bill of health for EU banks in stress test
- Private equity firms focused on Hewlett Packard asset sales: sources
- Tesla (TSLA) Gains as Panasonic Seeks to Raise $3.9B for Gigafactory
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Attempts to Answer 'What is Going on with NetSuite (N)?
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Taking Another Look at Maxim Integrated (MXIM) 'Wouldn't be Surprising' - Analyst
- Brian Storseth Joins Reliq Health Technologies’ Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!