Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RealPage, Inc. (RP) Rejects Vista Takeover - FT
- Red Hat Launches OpenShift Startup Program
- UPDATE: Taco Bell's (YUM) Website, Twitter Feed Go Dark Ahead of Expected Announcement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!