Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Bank of America (BAC) CEO Moynihan Elected as Chairman
- Tesla Motors (TSLA) CEO Musk Plans to 'Unveil the D' Next Week
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Sees Generating $380M from Sears Canada in November
- Market Wrap: Private Employment Expands in Sept.; BofA CEO Becomes Chairman; U.S. Secret Service Director Resigns
- Stocks Tank as QE Nears End, Major Fund Winds Down, and Ebola Fears
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Red Hat (RHT) Announces $700M Conv. Senior NOtes Offering
- Jack in the Box (JACK) Ramps on Prospects for Qdoba Spin-Off
- Huntsman (HUN) May Look to Spin Certain Pigments Unit Assets
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!