Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Wall St. turbulence returns as weak China data magnifies fear
- Market Wrap: Markets Tumble on Continued China Fears; Google Debuts New Look; U.S. August Auto Sales Outpace
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/01: (HRB) (FLXN) (GTN) Higher; (AVAV) (SCVL) (AMBA) Lower (more...)
- McDonald's (MCD) Franchisees Vote to Approve All-Day Breakfast Availability
- General Motors (GM) U.S. Sales Fell Less than Expected in August
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Athene Said in Talks to Acquire HRG's (HRG) Fidelity & Guaranty Life (FGL) - Bloomberg
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) to Acquire Scioderm in ~$950M Deal
- Gray Television (GTN) to Acquire Iowa-Located KCRG-TV in $100M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!