Red Hat (RHT) Takeover Rumors Discussed by Cisco (CSCO) Execs
- Indexes little changed, data indicates moderate growth
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Is Still Registering Philidor-Like Specialty Pharmacies - Bronte Capital
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 11/25: (KBIO) (PBMD) (ADRO) Higher; (PTCT) (HPQ) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
Nar the end of the segment (35:00) with podcast host Greg Knieriemen, Peder Ulander, Vice President of Marketing for Cisco Collaboration, and Joe Onisick, Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco, discuss rumors Cisco could buy Red Hat. Although the executives did not address the rumors directly (no 'yes'or 'no' answer), they noted that Red Hat is an important partner of Cisco and integral part of data centers around the world. They also said with the cash on hand, Cisco could easily buy the company and others.
The executives also discussed rumors that Cisco is done with EMC (NYSE: EMC) and VCE (36.50).
Shares of Red Hat are up 0.7% today to $50.10.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Net Element (NETE) Shareholder Rakishev's Amended Option Now Fully Exercisable
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) to Sell IRCG Vacation Club Business in $85M Deal (DRII)
- Pinnacle Foods (PF) to Acquire Boulder Brands (BDBD) for $11/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!