Apple (AAPL) on Watch Into Upcoming iPhone 7 Event Newsflow
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Over the next several days, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) is expected to announce the iPhone 7 event date. Last year, the company sent out invitations on August 27th for the iPhone 6S/6S+ event on September 9, 2015.
Rumors surrounding the iPhone 7 include: no headphone jack, OLED display, an improved processor, an improved camera and thinner design, among other items.
After under-performing most of the last year, shares of Apple have been on a role of late, rising 17% since the end of June. The stock is still under-performing YTD, rising 3% versus 7% for the S&P.
The stock is expected to be volatile into, during and following the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Move Back Above $120
- Equity and Commodity Markets Movements
- IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) up 29c to 21.71
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!