Amazon.com (AMZN) Said Looking at Broadcasting Sports with 'Global Appeal'
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
In particular, Amazon is looking at sports with a global appeal, such as soccer, golf, and tennis. The company is also interested in popular U.S. sports, but current broadcast contracts will likely keep those off the table in the near future.
Amazon has been touting the popularity of its Amazon Prime service, which some analysts estimate has around 63 million subscribers.
It wasn't made clear about specific talks Amazon was having and to which organizations it was currently in negotiations with, if any.
Shares of Amazon are indicated slightly lower in early trading Friday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amazon (AMZN) PT Raised to $1050 at Goldman Sachs Into Q3 Print
- Comcast (CMCSA) weekly volatility increases to 41 into Q3
- UPDATE: Apple (AAPL) Said to Develop Car Operating System in Canada; BlackBerry (BBRY) Said to Lose Engineers to Project - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!