AMD (AMD) Shares on Watch as M&A Rumor Source Questioned (ORCL)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Earlier, Zero Hedge said that Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) might make a move to acquire AMD, citing Oracle's desire to gain a hardware presence in virtual/augmented reality. Cincarious Research was cited as the source.
The FT notes several other articles, notably that H&R Block is putting itself up for sale.
FT also pointed out that Cincarious Research doesn't really have a profile online save for articles written for Zero Hedge.
Also, while AMD does have chips dedicated to VR/AR, one might question what Oracle would want to do with the technology. Oracle is now more focused on cloud-based devices than anything else, and adding hardware into the mix could be a puzzling decision for the business software giant.
Shares of AMD are still up around 3.5 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesRumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!