Yahoo not to hold quarterly earnings call or webcast
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
A man walks past a Yahoo logo during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, February 24, 2016. REUTERS/Albert Gea/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Yahoo Inc said on Friday that it would not hold a call or webcast when it reports third-quarter results on Tuesday, citing its pending $4.83 billion deal with Verizon Communications Inc.
Last month, Yahoo disclosed a massive data breach in 2014 that affected at least 500 million of its email accounts.
Verizon's general counsel said on Thursday that the company has a "reasonable basis" to believe the hack represents a material impact that could allow it to withdraw from the deal to buy the company.
Verizon reports results on Oct. 20.
Companies that are being acquired do not typically hold earnings calls with analysts.
(Reporting by Anya George Tharakan in Bengaluru; Editing by Anil D'Silva)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Sees 27% Upside in MercadoLibre (MELI) and Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- SunPower (SPWR) to Commence Restructuring; Sees Charges; Offers FY17 Outlook
- Israel's Netanyahu gives conditional 'No' to meeting Palestinian president in Paris
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!