White House disappointed by U.S. high court immigration action
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
The Truman Balcony and Presidential seal are seen during a tour of the South by South Lawn Festival of ideas, arts, and action in Washington, U.S., October 3, 2016. REUTERS/Gary Cameron
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House expressed disappointment on Monday in the U.S. Supreme Court's decision not to hear a bid by President Barack Obama's administration to revive his plan to spare from deportation millions of immigrants in the country illegally.
"There's no practical impact in terms of the implementation of this policy, and that of course is a double-edged sword," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said at a news briefing.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Will Dunham)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dozens of demonstrators arrested at North Dakota pipeline
- Egyptian court confirms 20-year prison sentence on Mursi
- Nordea chairman says merger with ABN Amro would create 'fine bank'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBarack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!