Wells Fargo expands operating committee, creates online services group
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
The sign outside the Wells Fargo & Co. bank in downtown Denver April 13, 2016. REUTERS/Rick Wilking
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co said on Monday it was expanding its operating committee and forming a business group to streamline its online services.
Franklin Codel, head of home lending, will join the operating committee and assume an expanded role that includes dealer services and personal lending, the Wall Street bank said.
Perry Pelos, who most recently led commercial banking services, has been named the head of wholesale banking and will join the operating committee.
The decision to add members to the operating committee, led by its Chairman and Chief Executive John Stumpf, comes over a month after revelations that the bank opened accounts without customer approval for years to satisfy managers' demands for new business.
Avid Modjtabai, the head of the consumer lending and cross-company operations, was appointed head of payments, virtual solutions and innovation.
The bank, which is expected to report third-quarter earnings on Friday, said the new appointments to the operating group are effective Nov. 1.
(Reporting By Sudarshan Varadhan in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 12/2: (NBR) (PTEN) (EXEL) High; (PLX) (GES) (GIII) Low
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!