Weatherford International CEO Bernard Duroc-Danner leaves
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A security personnel walks past the Weatherford booth during the Basra International trade fair for oil and gas in Basra, 420 km (260 miles) southeast of Baghdad, November 25, 2010. REUTERS/Atef Hassan
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Weatherford International Plc said on Wednesday Chief Executive Bernard Duroc-Danner has left the company, effective immediately, and the oilfield services company named Chief Financial Officer Krishna Shivram its interim CEO.
The company's shares, which were halted for news pending, surged 33.2 percent in late trading and closed up at $5.06.
Shivram will continue as chief financial officer until a new CFO is named, Weatherford said.
Weatherford's unit, Weatherford International LLC [WEATH.UL], agreed in September to pay a $140 million penalty to settle charges that it inflated earnings between 2007 and 2012 by using deceptive income tax accounting.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said in October that Ernst & Young will pay $11.8 million to settle charges over "failed audits" of Weatherford International Plc.
(Reporting by Arathy S Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
- USA Compression Partners (USAC) Prices $73.1M Common Units Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!