Volkwsagen, Didi Chuxing plan high-end car hailing service in China
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
A mascot of Didi Chuxing is seen at the company's headquarters in Beijing, China, May 18, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
GUANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG
Didi Chuxing is China's largest ride-hailing company, with 300 million users across more than 400 cities in China. It cemented its dominance in the domestic market earlier this year, when it bought Uber's operations in the country.
Volkswagen, one of the world's biggest automakers, also announced this year that it is investing in ride-hailing company Gett.
In similar moves, General Motors has invested in ride-hailing service Lyft and Toyota Motor Corp has a partnership with Uber Technologies [UBER.UL].
(Reporting by Jake Spring; Writing by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed's Yellen says unwise to allow U.S. economy to run 'hot'
- China seen posting steady fourth quarter GDP growth of 6.7 percent
- Sweden's Telia mulling bid for Danish peer TDC: Dagens Industri
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!