Volkswagen to hold press conference on VW brand overhaul on Friday
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
A Volkswagen logo is pictured at the newly opened Volkswagen factory in Wrzesnia, Poland, September 9, 2016. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen
Management and labor leaders have been in talks for months over cost cuts and strategy which analysts say will be critical to Volkswagen's ability to recover from its emissions test cheating scandal.
The press conference will take place at Volkswagen's headquarters in Wolfsburg on Friday at 0930 CET (0830 GMT).
"Volkswagen is facing big challenges: E-mobility and digitalization need to be financed, new business models and mobility concepts must be promoted. In short: the Volkswagen brand is repositioning itself," Volkswagen said in an invitation sent to journalists.
"A significant step to meet these challenges is the future pact jointly negotiated by the company and the works council in the past months."
VW brand chief Herbert Diess will also participate, as will human resources chief Karlheinz Blessing, labor boss Bernd Osterloh and Stephan Weil, premier of the state of Lower Saxony, the group's second largest shareholder.
VW's supervisory board is due to meet on Friday to approve spending on plants, equipment and models across the multi-brand group until the end of the decade, but needs prior agreement with the works council on restructuring and jobs.
(Reporting by Christoph Steitz; Editing by Mark Potter and Alexandra Hudson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IEA's Birol sees oil market rebalancing well before end-2017
- Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- Saudi court sentences 15 to death for spying for Iran
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!