Volkswagen invests 150 million euros in new logistics center in Slovakia
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
A Volkswagen logo is pictured at the newly opened Volkswagen factory in Wrzesnia near Poznan, Poland September 9, 2016. German car manufacture company officially open factory in Wrzesnia on October 24, 2016. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BRATISLAVA (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen
The logistics center will be opened in 2017 and an external partner will run it, the company said.
Volkswagen exports almost all of the vehicles it makes in the Slovak factory. It produces Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, Volkswagen up!, Volkswagen e-up!, SEAT Mii, SKODA Citigo and bodies for Porsche Cayenne at its Slovak plant. It will also launch a Porsche Cayenne assembly line next year.
Slovakia, the world's biggest per-capita car producer, is also home to Kia <000270.KS> and Peugeot Citroen
(Reporting by Tatiana Jancarikova; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- UK house price growth slows for first time since July: RICS
- Republican defends border-adjustment tax after Trump criticism
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!