Volkswagen invests 150 million euros in new logistics center in Slovakia
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
A Volkswagen logo is pictured at the newly opened Volkswagen factory in Wrzesnia near Poznan, Poland September 9, 2016. German car manufacture company officially open factory in Wrzesnia on October 24, 2016. REUTERS/Kacper Pempel
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BRATISLAVA (Reuters) - German carmaker Volkswagen
The logistics center will be opened in 2017 and an external partner will run it, the company said.
Volkswagen exports almost all of the vehicles it makes in the Slovak factory. It produces Volkswagen Touareg, Audi Q7, Volkswagen up!, Volkswagen e-up!, SEAT Mii, SKODA Citigo and bodies for Porsche Cayenne at its Slovak plant. It will also launch a Porsche Cayenne assembly line next year.
Slovakia, the world's biggest per-capita car producer, is also home to Kia <000270.KS> and Peugeot Citroen
(Reporting by Tatiana Jancarikova; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bitcoin hits highest levels in almost three years
- One-time Trump adviser Page sees opportunities in Russia
- Peet's expanding roasting capacity amid premium coffee boom
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!