Vice President Biden to visit Turkey on Aug. 24 - PM
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
U.S. Vice President Joe Biden delivers remarks at a conference of the Center for New American Security think tank in Washington U.S., June 20, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden is to visit Turkey on August 24, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim was quoted as saying by Turkish media on Saturday.
Yildirim, speaking to a group of Turkish journalists, said that Washington's attitude on an extradition request for Fethullah Gulen, blamed by Ankara for orchestrating an attempted coup last month, had improved.
Yildirim said a total of 81,494 people including judges, soldiers and civil servants have either been suspended or sacked since the July 15 abortive putsch.
(Reporting by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Richard Balmforth)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iraqi general's tour suggests tough fight ahead in west Mosul
- Families of MH370 victims to lobby Malaysian minister in Australia
- Chief of Taiwan's Foxconn says rise of protectionism unavoidable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!