Verizon pushes for $1 billion discount on Yahoo deal: New York Post
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
The logo of Verizon is seen at a retail store in San Diego, California April 21, 2016. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The Yahoo deal team is pushing back hard against any attempts to negotiate the price down, the paper said. (http://nyp.st/2cXANRi)
Last month Yahoo said at least 500 million of its accounts were hacked in 2014 and in a statement Verizon said it had been made aware of the breach immediately but had limited information about the matter.
U.S. senators accused Yahoo of "unacceptable" delay in discovering the hack and urged the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate whether Yahoo and its senior executives fulfilled obligations to inform investors and the public about the hacking attack.
Verizon and Yahoo both declined to comment.
In July, Verizon agreed to buy Yahoo Inc's core internet properties for $4.83 billion in cash, setting the stage for a big new internet push by the telecom giant.
(Reporting by Vishal Sridhar in Bengaluru; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Banc of California (BANC) Trades Lower After Announce SEC Probe, CEO Resignation
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Verizon Communications (VZ) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!