Verdict in Rolling Stone trial over university rape story
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A federal jury has reached a verdict in the defamation lawsuit brought by University of Virginia administrator Nicole Eramo over a retracted Rolling Stone magazine story about a gang rape at the school, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.
The verdict was being read in U.S. District Court in Charlottesville, Virginia, she said. The spokeswoman had no information on the jury's findings.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson; Editing by Chris Reese and Jonathan Oatis)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBI Director Comey, who angered Democrats, gets hug from Trump
- Residents evacuated, airport closed and power cut off in Tahiti flooding
- China's Xi to head new commission for military-civilian development
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!