Valeant names new general counsel, says PR head to leave
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
A sign for the headquarters of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc is seen in Laval, Quebec June 14, 2016. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Canadian drugmaker Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (NYSE: VRX) on Monday named a new general counsel and announced the departure of its public relations head.
Valeant, which has been under scrutiny for its business and accounting practices, appointed Christina Ackermann as executive vice president and general counsel.
Ackermann, who has served in various legal roles at Novartis AG (NASDAQ: NOVN), will replace Robert Chai-Onn.
Valeant also said Laurie Little, who has headed the company's investor and public relations functions for nine years, will leave in the coming months.
Last year, Valeant's top investor William Ackman faulted the company for a weak response to fraud allegations and underinvesting in its public relations. (http://reut.rs/2aLKeps)
Valeant on Monday named Scott Hirsch as senior vice president, business strategy and communications.
Hirsh joins the company from Citadel Investment Group, where he oversaw equity investments and risk management decisions within the health care sector at Surveyor Capital.
(Reporting by Amrutha Penumudi in Bengaluru; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Sees 'Encouraging' Short-Term Set-Up in Valeant (VRX)
- Gambia's leader Jammeh says he will step down, ending political impasse
- Uber hires Google search veteran Singhal for senior engineering post
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCitadel, Ken Griffin, William Ackman
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!