VW's Audi posts 2.3 percent rise in July sales
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
The Audi logo is seen at the entrance of the Audi powerplant in Brussels, Belgium September 28, 2015. REUTERS/Yves Herman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Audi
Audi's global sales increased to 149,400 cars and sport-utility vehicles from 146,073 a year earlier, the Ingolstadt-based carmaker said on Thursday, with its year-to-date deliveries up 5.2 percent to 1.10 million cars.
Daimler's Mercedes-Benz last week posted a 9.4 percent increase in sales to 163,770 cars, its best-ever July result, compared with a 4 percent gain at BMW's core brand to 153,392.
After seven months, Mercedes-Benz is on course to become the world's biggest luxury carmaker by sales, replacing BMW which has kept the lead since 2005.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Outgoing U.S. envoy says U.N. needs to 'push' Iran on arms embargo
- Canadian Pacific's profit misses estimates; new CEO named
- Axeon plans to shutter New Jersey asphalt refinery: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!