VW, states agree to hold settlement talks over environmental claims
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
A Volkswagen production site is seen in Wolfsburg, Germany, April 28, 2016. REUTERS/Fabrizio Bensch/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Volkswagen AG
Volkswagen has been sued over excess diesel emissions related to its use of "defeat devices" by Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Pennsylvania, while the state of Washington has filed a notice of penalty against Volkswagen. VW said settlement talks will begin no later than Nov 1 and up to 14 other states may also have environmental claims.
(Reporting by David Shepardson; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB's Coeure says economy still needs support despite progress
- China criticizes U.S. for blocking German Aixtron deal
- Japan ratifies TPP trade pact to fly the flag for free trade