United Airlines flight diverted after unspecified security concern
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
File photo of United Airlines planes seen on platform at the Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey, July 8, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A United Airlines flight from Newark, New Jersey, to San Diego was diverted to Denver on Wednesday because of an unspecified security concern, the airline said.
United Flight 1243 landed safely at about 9:30 p.m. local time at Denver International Airport, where passengers got off the plane, an airline spokeswoman said.
The airline said the flight was diverted to Denver in an "abundance of caution" because of an unspecified security concern.
Passengers boarded the airplane to resume their flight to San Diego after a two-hour delay, United said.
Denver police and the FBI were investigating the incident, the airline said.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Paul Tait)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spending vs. profits: Amazon and investors at odds again
- EU watchdogs want bank management screened before being hired
- Outcry over Austrian Freedom Party head posting of poet used by Nazis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!