United Airlines flight diverted after unspecified security concern
- Futures rise as 'Trump rally' rolls on
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
File photo of United Airlines planes seen on platform at the Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey, July 8, 2015. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - A United Airlines flight from Newark, New Jersey, to San Diego was diverted to Denver on Wednesday because of an unspecified security concern, the airline said.
United Flight 1243 landed safely at about 9:30 p.m. local time at Denver International Airport, where passengers got off the plane, an airline spokeswoman said.
The airline said the flight was diverted to Denver in an "abundance of caution" because of an unspecified security concern.
Passengers boarded the airplane to resume their flight to San Diego after a two-hour delay, United said.
Denver police and the FBI were investigating the incident, the airline said.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien; Editing by Paul Tait)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egygtian militant group Hasm claims Cairo bomb attack
- American Airlines raises fourth-quarter unit revenue forecast
- German pilots' union says to resume talks with Lufthansa next week
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!