Union rejects Lufthansa's Eurowings arbitration offer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
People line up behind a barrier tape of Lufthansa's budget airlines Eurowings during a 24-hour strike over pay and working conditions at Cologne-Bonn airport, Germany October 27, 2016. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Cabin crew trade union UFO has rejected an offer to mediate a dispute over pay and conditions with Lufthansa's
"It is more obvious than ever that the union does not want to find a solution," Eurowings human resources director Joerg Beissel said in a statement.
Eurowings put forward a new offer last week that includes an average pay increase of around 7 percent. At Germanwings, UFO said it has failed to reach an agreement on part-time contracts.
Lufthansa cabin crew and pilots have embarked on a series of strikes over the last few years as the airline battles to reduce costs in order to compete with low-cost rivals and long-haul carriers with leaner cost bases.
(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- On final trip, Carter looks to reassure Asia allies
- Jury deadlocked in ex-South Carolina cop Michael Slager's trial for Walter Scott's death
- Exclusive: Standards council to investigate New Oriental after Reuters report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!