Ukraine sees no significant uptick in Donbass fighting as of now
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine has not seen any significant increase in fighting in the eastern Donbass region in the last few days, a Ukrainian military spokesman said on Friday, despite escalating tensions between Kiev and Moscow.
There are heightened worries in Ukraine that Russia may be planning to ramp up fighting in the war between Kiev and pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine after Moscow accused Kiev this week of trying to provoke a conflict over Crimea.
"In the last few days we do not see any significant increase in fighting," Oleksandr Motuzyanyk told a televised briefing. "Unfortunately the ceasefire has not been observed by the illegal armed groups but the average number of shellings is pretty much at the same level."
(Reporting by Alexei Kalmykov; editing by Matthias Williams and Gareth Jones)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
- Kyrgyz neighborhood razed by plane crash
- Quake of magnitude 5.7 strikes off Vanuatu: USGS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!