UberEats to expand to Berlin in 2017: Tagesspiegel
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
UberEats' logo is pictured during the launching event of food-delivery service UberEats in Tokyo, Japan, September 28, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Ride hailing business Uber Technologies [UBER.UL] will offer takeaway meal delivery services in Berlin in 2017 using bicycle courier services, Uber's manager in Germany, Christoph Weigler, told Germany's Tagesspiegel newspaper.
The push to expand UberEats is part of a broader drive to compete with Deliveroo, the paper said, according to an advance copy of its Monday edition.
Late last month Uber said it was expanding food delivery services to 22 new countries.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- Muddy Waters says outside experts found St Jude devices can be hacked
- Ethiopians who fled over land rights now face eviction from Calais "Jungle"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!