UberEats to expand to Berlin in 2017: Tagesspiegel
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
UberEats' logo is pictured during the launching event of food-delivery service UberEats in Tokyo, Japan, September 28, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Ride hailing business Uber Technologies [UBER.UL] will offer takeaway meal delivery services in Berlin in 2017 using bicycle courier services, Uber's manager in Germany, Christoph Weigler, told Germany's Tagesspiegel newspaper.
The push to expand UberEats is part of a broader drive to compete with Deliveroo, the paper said, according to an advance copy of its Monday edition.
Late last month Uber said it was expanding food delivery services to 22 new countries.
(Reporting by Edward Taylor; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
- Senior Canada military officer suspended from duty, no reason given
- Italy rejects Germany's emissions allegations against Fiat Chrysler
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!