UK's May is throwing full weight behind winning best Brexit deal: spokesman
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May visits a joinery factory in London, Britain August 3, 2016. REUTERS/Neil Hall
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Theresa May is throwing the full weight of government behind her goal of winning the best Brexit deal for Britain but will not trigger the formal divorce procedure before the end of the year, her spokesman said on Monday.
Asked about weekend media reports which suggested that May would delay invoking Article 50 of the EU's Lisbon treaty to trigger the formal exit procedure until later next year, her spokesman told reporters:
"The PM is providing the kind of leadership you would expect to confront this serious and very complex task and the full weight of the machinery of government has been put behind it.
"Article 50 notification won't happen before the end of 2016," the spokesman added.
(Reporting by William James, writing by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Stephen Addison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spain reviewing refueling permission for Russian warships
- China state media says pension funds investment scheme raises graft risk
- Ericsson names Investor AB veteran Ekholm as CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!