UK police arrest man over London City airport 'chemical incident'
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - British police said on Monday that they had arrested a 25-year-old man in connection with an incident that led to the evacuation of hundreds of passengers from London City Airport on Friday.
"The man ... was arrested on suspicion of using a noxious substance to cause serious damage, an offense under section 113 of the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001," London's Metropolitan Police said on Monday.
Police said the arrest took place at a residential address in east London on Saturday, and that the man was held at a west London police station and then released on bail pending further enquiries.
London City airport was briefly closed on Friday as police and firefighters in protective equipment swept the terminal building of the airport with chemical detectors after several people were taken ill, some of them coughing violently.
Police later said the incident may have been caused by CS gas, used for self-defense and crowd control.
(Reporting by David Milliken; editing by Costas Pitas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. governors want say on Trump's infrastructure plan
- U.S. military denies coordinating Syria air strikes with Russia
- Trump taps Commissioner Ajit Pai to head FCC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!