UK has foiled 12 terror plots since June 2013: spy chief
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Andrew Parker the head of M15 is seen attending an Intelligence and Security Committee hearing at Parliament, in this still image taken from video in London November 7, 2013. REUTERS/UK Parliament via REUTERS
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Police and intelligence services have disrupted 12 plots to attack Britain since June 2013, Andrew Parker, director general of the MI5 domestic intelligence agency, said on Monday.
"Today the most visible threat is from terrorism and in particular that posed by Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant - ISIL - or Daesh in Syria," Parker said, according to a text of his remarks posted on the agency's website.
"Together with MI6 (the foreign intelligence service), GCHQ (the security agency), and the police, MI5 has disrupted 12 plots in the UK since June 2013."
(Reporting by William James; editing by Elizabeth Piper)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vietnam arrests CEO, four other executives of Dong A Bank
- Turkish karate group seeks asylum in Germany
- Iraq says army makes gains in grueling Mosul battle