UBS trimming headcount in Paris by 15 jobs: source
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
The logo of Swiss bank UBS is seen at the company's headquarters in Zurich February 10, 2015. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Swiss bank UBS
The cuts, currently under negotiation, are on its share trading platform and at its corporate center as the bank shifts its trading focus in France to cash, leaving derivatives and structured products to be handled from London.
Seven or eight trading jobs are on the line, although the posts could be moved to London, the source told Reuters.
UBS declined to comment on Friday.
The bank has restructured in recent years in France, including about 40 reductions in asset management last year.
Nonetheless, UBS is keen to build up its corporate advisory activity in France after hiring Gregoire Haemmerle from JPMorgan last year to head the business in France, Belgium and Luxembourg, the source said.
UBS also aims to expand its wealth management business in France, possibly through an acquisition, and is for now leaving UBS France out of its project for a euro zone platform based in Frankfurt.
(Reporting by Leigh Thomas; additional reporting by Joshua Franklin in Zurich; editing by Richard Lough and Jason Neely)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- Appeals court rules for Education Management on debt-cutting plan
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesUBS, JPMorgan, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!