UAE says Iran wasted no time in undermining regional security
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
United Arab Emirates Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan delivers a speech during a visit at the Louvre museum in Paris, France, July 5, 2016. REUTERS/Christophe Petit Tesson/Pool
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The United Arab Emirates said on Saturday Iran had wasted no time in undermining regional security since it sealed a nuclear deal with world powers last year.
"Against all optimistic expectations, Iran wasted no time in continuing its efforts to undermine the security of the region, through aggressive rhetoric, blatant interference, producing and arming militias, developing its ballistic missile program, in addition to its alarming designation as a state sponsor of terrorism," UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed told the annual U.N. gathering of world leaders.
(Reporting by Yara Bayoumy and Michelle Nichols; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- Ukraine hopes for U.S. support under Trump, IMF cash in early Feb: finmin
- Samsung chief faces long day as South Korean court weighs arrest warrant
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!