U.S.-Israeli mobile repair start-up CellSavers raises $15 million
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TEL AVIV (Reuters) - U.S.-Israeli start-up CellSavers, whose technology matches consumers with broken mobile devices and technicians, said on Thursday it raised $15 million in financing led by Carmel Ventures, with participation of Sequoia Capital Israel.
This follows the company's $3 million seed funding led by Sequoia Capital in December.
Founded in 2015, CellSavers seeks to minimize the time consumers cannot use their device, enabling qualified and vetted local technicians to reach customers within 60 minutes.
Its service is available in 18 U.S. cities and the company
will use the funds to accelerate the growth of its platform. CellSavers has begun a major hiring round for its Israeli development center.
CellSavers Chief Executive Eyal Ronen said that in the near future the platform will be expanded to include repairs for other devices such as game consoles, smart TVs or Wi-Fi routers.
(Reporting by Tova Cohen, Editing by Ari Rabinovitch)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fate of child migrants uncertain before France demolishes Jungle camp
- Italy's front line in fight to save banks: a storage room
- Senate committee on antitrust to 'carefully examine' AT&T-Time Warner deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesSequoia Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!