U.S. sees more room for fiscal boost globally
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Passengers are seen on a bus near the West Lake, before G20 Summit in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China August 31, 2016. REUTERS/Aly Song
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury believes there is more room for governments to use fiscal policy to boost growth, and will take that message to next week's Group of 20 meeting in China, Under Secretary for International Affairs Nathan Sheets said on Wednesday.
Sheets told Bloomberg Television that countries outside the United States need to use "all available tools" including monetary, fiscal and structural reform to boost growth.
"Particularly the understanding of the appropriate role for fiscal policy is resonating much more clearly with our international counterparts than was the case several years ago," he said.
(Reporting by David Chance; Editing by David Gregorio)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump 'won't be worse than Obama,' says Venezuela's president
- Springsteen tribute band pulls out of Trump inauguration bash
- Costa Rica sues Nicaragua over alleged territory violation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!