U.S. road travel rose by 3.2 percent in June vs year earlier: DOT
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Traffic moves through the rain along interstate 5 in Encinitas, California December 3, 2014. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. drivers logged 3.2 percent more miles in June than a year earlier, the U.S. Department of Transportation said in a monthly report on Monday.
Travel for the month is estimated to be 282.3 billion vehicle miles, the DOT said. Total mileage year to date has risen by 3.3 percent to 1,580.2 billion vehicle miles, the report said.
(Reporting by Catherine Ngai; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VW charges in U.S. breach German constitution, says defendant's lawyer
- Gene Cernan, last person to walk on the moon, dies at 82
- Indian tailor confesses to sexually assaulting "hundreds" of schoolgirls - police
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!