U.S. private sector adds 216,000 jobs in November: ADP
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
David Wallace (L) of Lockheed Martin interviews an applicant at a job fair for veterans and their spouses held by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Washington Nationals baseball club at Nationals Park in Washington December 5, 2012. REUTERS/Gary Camero
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - U.S. private employers added 216,000 jobs in November, well above economists' expectations, a report by a payrolls processor showed on Wednesday.
Economists surveyed by Reuters had forecast the ADP National Employment Report would show a gain of 165,000 jobs, with estimates ranging from 140,000 to 210,000.
Private payroll gains in the month earlier were revised down to 119,000 from an originally reported 147,000 increase. November's increase was the largest since June.
The report is jointly developed with Moody's Analytics.
The ADP figures come ahead of the U.S. Labor Department's more comprehensive non-farm payrolls report on Friday, which includes both public and private sector employment.
Economists polled by Reuters are looking for U.S. private payroll employment to have grown by 165,000 jobs in November, up from 142,000 the month before. Total non-farm employment is expected to have risen by 175,000.
The unemployment rate is forecast to stay steady at the 4.9 percent recorded a month earlier.
(Reporting By Dan Burns; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brazil Air Force to privatize air traffic control telecom system
- Ex-Visium fund manager identifies insider trading source
- Bitcoin exchange employee pleads guilty in U.S. case tied to hacking
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesADP Employment Report
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!