U.S. partnership with Turkey in Islamic State fight 'very strong'
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
A U.S. Air Force Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker aerial refueling aircraft lands at Incirlik air base in Adana, Turkey, August 10, 2015. REUTERS/Murad Sezer
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. partnership with Turkey in countering Islamic State is "very strong," U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said at a news conference on Thursday.
"With respect to Turkey, our partnership is very strong in the counter-ISIL campaign," Carter said, using an acronym for Islamic State.
Carter made the comments after Turkish air strikes pounded a group of Kurdish fighters allied to a U.S.-backed militia in northern Syria overnight, highlighting the conflicting agendas of NATO members Ankara and Washington in an increasingly complex battlefield.
(Reporting by Yeganeh Torbati)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Three arrested near North Dakota pipeline protest site
- Australia, China, Malaysia say underwater search for MH370 is suspended
- Electricity outage disrupts train services in Amsterdam and surroundings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!