U.S. funds hold global portfolio steady in September: Reuters poll
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
The Federal Reserve Building stands in Washington April 3, 2012. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - U.S. fund managers made no significant changes to their model global portfolio this month, a Reuters poll found, as the world economic outlook remains gloomy and markets await a possible rate hike by the Federal Reserve in December.
Having raised stock allocations for three consecutive months U.S. fund managers trimmed their recommendations for equities in September.
The survey of 13 fund managers, conducted Sept. 15-30, showed recommended equity allocations were cut to 52.2 percent from 52.4 percent and bonds exposure was increased slightly to 35.8 percent from 35.7 percent.
Recommendations for non-traditional instruments, such as derivatives and commodities, were raised to 6.1 percent from 5.7 percent in August. Bets in favor of alternative assets are up from just 3.8 percent at the start of the year.
Within equities, a regional breakdown showed allocations to North American stocks were steady in September at 64.4 percent while euro zone equity allocations were up to 14.0 percent from 13.8 percent the previous month.
Better-than-expected U.S. data released on Thursday, including economic growth and business investment has made a rate hike this year a real possibility.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar; Polling by Sujith Pai and Krishna Eluri; Editing by Catherine Evans)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equity and Commodity Markets
- S&P hits two-week high on strong earnings; M&A supports
- Fed needs to get to inflation goal sooner: Evans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters, Technicals
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!