U.S. commercial paper market shrinks in week: Fed
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
A security guard walks in front of an image of the Federal Reserve following the two-day Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) policy meeting in Washington, DC, U.S. on March 16, 2016. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/File Photo - RTSOOZF
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
NEW YORK, Reuters - The amount of U.S. commercial paper contracted in the week ended Oct 5 Federal Reserve data showed on Thursday.
U.S. seasonally adjusted commercial paper outstanding fell $30.2 billion to $916.3 billion in the latest week.
Non-seasonally adjusted commercial paper outstanding - which some analysts consider a more reliable reading than the seasonally adjusted one since it has been distorted by the financial crisis - fell $32.5 billion to $929.6 billion.
U.S. non-seasonally adjusted foreign financial commercial paper outstanding fell $10 billion to $202.1 billion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM May's Conservatives retain seat in Sleaford by-election: Sky News
- Japan's big manufacturers' mood improves as companies cut capex
- African governments urged to help 3.5 million people uprooted from their homes in 2015
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!