U.S. academic to join Bank of England's Financial Policy Committee
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's finance ministry has appointed U.S. academic Anil Kashyap to serve on the Bank of England's Financial Policy Committee which oversees potential risks from the banking sector to the British economy.
Kashyap, a professor of economics and finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a former economist for the U.S. Federal Reserve's board of governors, joins the FPC as an external member and will start a three-year term in October.
"Anil is a highly-respected academic and is widely regarded as one of the leading experts on financial risk," finance minister Philip Hammond said in a statement on Thursday.
(Reporting by Andy Bruce; editing by William Schomberg)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Actress Sofia Vergara faces lawsuit from her own frozen embryos
- Six ex-Insys executives arrested in U.S. in fentanyl bribe case
- Bloomberg terminals experience slowness - spokesman
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!