U.S. academic to join Bank of England's Financial Policy Committee
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's finance ministry has appointed U.S. academic Anil Kashyap to serve on the Bank of England's Financial Policy Committee which oversees potential risks from the banking sector to the British economy.
Kashyap, a professor of economics and finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a former economist for the U.S. Federal Reserve's board of governors, joins the FPC as an external member and will start a three-year term in October.
"Anil is a highly-respected academic and is widely regarded as one of the leading experts on financial risk," finance minister Philip Hammond said in a statement on Thursday.
(Reporting by Andy Bruce; editing by William Schomberg)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- Lithuania goes to polls with center-right opposition set to win power
- A waste of money? Trump's border wall falling flat in Arizona: Reuters/Ipsos poll